Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Telemarkters or their equivulents


I was just contacted by a person who was asking me about my windows. Well wait I need to start at the beginning. Ring...Ring...I pick up the phone and they ask for a Mrs. Eelioson. I then correct this man who sounds like he could be slightly Latino (I think that is politically correct) or just someone who was trying to look at two things at once. I then told him I was not the misses. He didn't understand and continued to ask me about my windows. I told him I thought our windows were just fine. He then asked me how old my house is. I told him I don't know. He then tried to make it easier for me by asking if it were more than twenty years old. I vaughly (I can't figure out how to spell that word correctly to remove the red line but I know what I mean) told him that it was more than ten. He then asked me if I wanted to replace my windows. I told him I wasn't financially in charge of that, he made a confused noise, like he was trying to figure out what to say to that. I then told him that I was the daughter where he made an uha noise and asked when would be a good time to call back. I said I don't know. He asked morning, evening, next week. I said evening. All in all I hung up and I am pretty sure he thought that I was no more than fifteen years old and for some reason I felt like I had accomplished--no not accomplished more like beaten something. Like I should be able to turn to someone point dramatically and say "HA, see I am not an adult!" Don't ask me why I can't tell you but I thought I should write it down for the void which is the internet so in a year or so I can look back on that and ask myself "Am I still that weird?"

1 comment: